Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Poetry For the Soul, Volume 1

Hello, my name is Robert A. Mingo and I am the Humanitarian Poet. I wrote a book called Poetry for the Soul, Volume I. Please ask your local book store to order it or contact me directly at robertall4one@yahoo.com for information on getting your own copy. Here is a sample of some of my work:

Forgive and Forget


Sometimes when we’re harmed

By friend or by foe.

We harbor bad feelings

We refuse to let go.

Feelings of anger

Sorrow and pain.

These feelings don’t help us.

They’re all felt in vain.

As a matter of fact

They can tear us apart.

They dampen our spirit,

And poison our heart.

When done an injustice

It’s not easy to cope.

By dwelling on it

It diminishes hope.

It’s not easy to live with

Pain and regret.

It’s much better by far

To forgive and forget.






1 comment:

carlady said...

Bob,
Over the years I have been so amazed, and impressed at how you have coped with your MD. You are truely one of the funniest, kindest and loving people I know. You are so upbeat most of the time even through the most difficult diagnosis. Your Poetry is food for the soual of all those who have faced adversity.

Kristi Nelson